I’m going to share with you my secret to building an income of over R30,000 a month using a few simple tools like WordPress and Google Adsense. As a matter of fact, the very website you are reading from right now, is one of the websites that pays a small portion of that monthly revenue! The short version is:
- Choose a highly searched for keyword / niche
- Register a website domain name around that niche / keyword
- Build a basic but neat website
- Write about 50 articles around that niche / keyword
- Insert Google Adsense ads into your content
- Earn money passively for the rest of your life with minimal upkeep
Is it REALLY that simple? Well, yes. But don’t underestimate this, it is a lot of work when it comes to writing really good content!
This income is completely passive, which is why I consider it an investment that pays. However, instead of investing money upfront, you are going to invest a substantial amount of time upfront.
If you have a bunch of money to invest, you may want to outsource as much of the content writing as possible, but I highly recommend you do it all yourself, so you can learn the process.
In this article I am going to show you what you need, and break down each step into simple to follow guides that anyone can do.
What will you need?
- Google Chrome web browser – Free
- Google keyword planner – requires registration / log in – Free
- “Keywords everywhere” Chrome extension – Free
- Domain name with hosting – R100 once off plus R50pm for hosting
- Google Adsense account – Free
Do keyword research
First things first, you need to come up with a bunch of words to use as a starting point to figure out what your website is going to be about. One of the most powerful weapons in your arsenel is a clever little Google Chrome Extension called “Keywords Everywhere” Before we can begin doing keyword research, you will need to install this extension into your Google Chrome browser.
View the video below for instructions on how to install “Keywords Everywhere”
Be sure to follow the video carefully so that you set up your Keywords Everywhere extension correctly for South African keywords searches.